WELCOME to New England Dive Center!
New England Dive Center is dedicated to providing proper, safe training and a safe learning environment for divers of all ages and skills.
New England Dive Center is located at 263 Dartmouth College Hwy, Lebanon, NH. Take Interstate 89 in NH to Exit #17. Take left off of exit. Return to top NEDC is approximately 1,000 ft. on right.
Owner, Marc Braun has been diving since 1969. His instructor certifications include PDIC, SSI, TDI, IANTD and NAUI. Marc is qualified to teach and certify Open Water, Advanced, Nitrox, Nitrox Blending, Deep Diving (recreational), Limited Visibility, Navigation, Divecon (Divemaster), Assistant Instructor, Semi-Close Circuit Rebreather, Stress and Rescue, Dry Suit Diving.
Marc began lobster and wreck diving off the coast of New Jersey. He became a basic certified diver in 1970, assisting his instructor through the seventies. He became a Divemaster, then an Instructor in the late 80’s. As an Instructor, he taught young children and teens at local camps in New Hampshire, as well as taught private instruction for adults.
In 1992 Marc opened the doors to New England Dive Center in Lebanon, NH. Marc was instrumental in getting many dive stores to do Nitrox fills, after being one of the first to offer the service.
Our Full-Service Dive Shop Features:
- Equipment Repair
- Air Fills
- Nitrox Fills
- Tank Inspections
- Underwater Cameras
- Diving Classes
- Diving Equipment & Tools
- Diver’s Apparel
- Dive Consoles & Computers
- Diving Accessories
Self – Contained Underwater Breathing Apparatus…. diving, is an exciting and fast-growing sport, enjoyed by enthusiasts of all ages. Three-quarters of our planet is underwater, you can’t help but be curious about what we are missing here being on land.
Co-invented by Captain Jaques-Yves Cousteau, SCUBA started with the Aqua-Lung, predecessor present-day SCUBA. Recreational diving is actually a fairly recent sport and was not always as accessible to everyone.
Today, strides made in the creation of the equipment which makes SCUBA safe, comfortable, and enjoyable have made it possible for just about anyone to learn SCUBA.
A smart, well-trained diver is always prepared for possible problems.
Table of Content
Leading Brand Names
Wetsuits and Drysuits:
Regulators, Dive Computers, Diving Accessories:
- Sherwood Scuba
- “DISCOVER SCUBA” – Experience a safe, controlled, and enjoyable session and dispel myths about diving. Discover Scuba provides non-divers with an opportunity to actually scuba dive in the safe confines of a swimming pool. The experience presents diving in a pleasant and exiting way by instilling feelings of comfort, security and a sense of belonging.
- Open Water Certification – This class provides individuals with a beginning certification and consists of 5 classroom sessions, 5 skill-development sessions in a pool and 4 Scuba dives in open water.
- Nitrox – Sometimes referred to as “EAN” or “enriched air”, Nitrox is a safe gas mix that contains a higher level of oxygen than regular air and reduces the amount of nitrogen intake.
- Dry Suit Diving – Learn more about suit types and features, differences between diving in Wet Suits and Dry Suits; handling dry suit emergencies and generaldiving guidelines. (a warm and comfortable way to dive, especially in New England.)
- Underwater Photography – Learn the beginning steps to great picture taking. You don’t have to go to the tropics to learn how to get great underwater pictures.
- Advanced Open Water – Prerequisite – 15 years of age and certified as an Open Water Diver or equivalent. This course consists of two classroom sessions and five open water dives. During the course you will be introduced to two core areas of diving: Deep and Navigation; as well as an introduction to three other specialties.
- Rebreathers – The ultimate diving experience. Learn how the rebreather works and dive with one–experience the noticeably quiet dive. New England Dive Center is the ONLY one in the New England Area certified to repair rebreathers.
New England Dive Center has been instructing students with safety throughout education philosophy that has proven to unsurpassed in the SCUBA diving industry.
No other New England area SCUBA store or instructor can beat New England Dive Center’s safety record. The reason for this success is that everyone learns at their own rate. If you are in a class that seems to be going too fast, simply stop. You can slow down by taking as many classes as you need.
New England Dive Center will accommodate your learning style, give you special attention and make you feel comfortable. If you are willing to learn, no matter how long it takes, we are committed to helping you succeed. Why take chances?
From June through August each year we dive with the seals at the Isles of Shoals near Portsmouth, NH. These trips are great for beginner divers.
After November first, we make trips to various spots in Main and New Hampshire for scallop diving. The water is quite cold at this time of the year and we recommend wearing a dry suit. If you have never tasted fresh scallops, you are in for a real treat. The cold water is worth it!