Measuring 36 meters and part of the DivEncounters Alliance fleet of liveaboards, the M/V Caribbean Pearl II is a liveaboard offering guests outstanding diving holidays in the turquoise Caribbean waters. Providing seven-night dive cruises out of Utila, Honduras, this luxurious liveaboard can accommodate up to eighteen guests.
The Caribbean Pearl II features eight suites and one master suite, each complete with an en-suite bathroom and shower, individual air conditioning, and a hair-dryer. The liveaboard’s amenities also include a large salon and a hot tub on the sun deck, perfect for relaxing when you aren’t diving the pristine Caribbean waters.
The Caribbean Pearl II’s offers outstanding diving facilities, with a fresh water shower, camera gear setup, two diving platforms, a fill station, gear storage lockers, and more. Explore the beautiful Caribbean waters on one of the Pearl’s diving vacations, getting to experience the crystal clear sea and explore caverns, vast walls, thousands of species of fish, vibrant coral reefs, and islands. Have the opportunity to photograph everything from whale shakes to huge sea turtles. The Caribbean Pearl II offers truly unforgettable diving holidays.
About the M/V Caribbean Pearl II
This luxury liveaboard cruises around the Bay Islands of Honduras delivering the best reefs, wrecks and sea creatures to you. From spellbinding and mystical caverns, intriguing wrecks, majestic walls, remote sea mounts, atolls and white sandy bottoms, to swimming with Whale Shark and Caribbean reef Sharks, diving in the Bay Islands is unsurpassed in the Caribbean.
Luxury at Sea
M/V Caribbean Pearl II was built and refitted in 2010 especially for luxury liveaboard diving. The 120-foot yacht is designed from the keel up to provide divers with the most efficient and ultimate way to dive.
Starting with the luxurious accommodations which includes 1 Master Cabin and 8 Deluxe Cabins.
The Master Cabin has a queen bed, individual climate control, private head and shower, and a hair dryer.
All the Deluxe Cabins have a double bed, a single bunk, individual climate control, private head ad shower, and a hair dryer.
Whether enjoying a refreshing beverage and snack on the partially covered sun deck with wet bar and a hot tub, or a delicious meal with wine in the spacious dining salon, the M/V Caribbean Pearl II offers the finest International cuisine with unmatched personal service.
The spacious dive deck has personal dive lockers with in-place Air/Nitrox fills, and all dives are directly from the mother ship from her dive platform equipped with two warm fresh water showers, fin storage, and two water exit ladders.
Trips aboard M/V Caribbean Pearl II begin out of Roatan.
During the 8 Days / 7 Nights (Saturday to Saturday) cruise, the yacht moves from one excellent dive locale to the next, from Roatan to Cayos Cochinos to Utila.
- Diving around the beautiful Bay Islands of Honduras
- 3 Delicious Meals a Day, International and Local Cuisine
- Mid-morning and Mid-afternoon Snacks
- Unlimited Alcoholic and Non-alcoholic Beverages
- Filled Tanks, Weights, Weight belts, and Dive Instructors
- Individual Dive Lockers with In-place Air/Nitrox Fills
- Large Three-tier Camera Table
- Dive Platform with Fresh Warm Water Showers
- Video Entertainment Center
- Sun Deck including Lounge, Deck Chairs, and a Hot Tub
- Shaded Wet Bar & Grill
Up to 18 guests and crew stay and dive comfortably from our luxury adventure yacht!
The Bay Islands
M/V Caribbean Pearl II is based out of Utila, Honduras, the smallest of the Bay Islands of Honduras, and is located 18 miles off the Caribbean coast of Honduras in Central America. Despite its small size (it measures only seven miles long by three miles wide), Utila is home to the second largest fringing coral reef in the world, and theses Western Caribbean waters shelters over 500 species of fish and over 50 species of coral.
Divers travel from all over the world to these warm, turquoise waters to experience some of the best diving in the world.
Weather & Temperature
Balmy weather and excellent visibility keep diving conditions ideal throughout the year. Water temperature ranges from 86F / 30C in September to 78F / 25C in January. One can frequently view pelagics from over 100ft / 30m away. Currents tend to be mild and relaxing.
Whale Shark Season
One of the ocean’s most revered creatures, the Whale Shark, is seen in Utila year round. Sighting reports from many years include at least one from every month of the year. Conditions in which these gentle giants are seen tend to be hot, still days with plenty of nutrients in the water. However, there are days that are choppy, windy, cool, rainy, etc., when whale sharks have been spotted as well.
And of course, although there are no guarantees, there is always the opportunity to catch up with ‘Old Tom’, the legendary whale shark in Utila, and whale sharks are known to be seen all year round here.
Know Before you Go (FAQs)
Major carriers such as United, American, Delta and Spirit offer regular flights into San Pedro Sula (SAP), which is on the mainland of Honduras. United, American and Delta also provide flights into Roatan (RTB). Passengers flying into SAP will board a domestic carrier such as Avianca, CM Airlines and SOSA to RTB that can be arranged on their behalf. Guests are then met at Roatan Airport and transferred to the dive yacht.
Each passenger can bring one carry-on, one personal item, and one checked bag free of charge. The maximum dimensions of a carry-on bag are 9 inches X 14 inches X 22 inches. The maximum dimensions of the personal item are 9 inches X 10 inches X 17 inches. Maximum weight of a checked bag is 50 pounds. Any luggage piece over the luggage allowance is subject to an additional charge of $50.
PASSPORTS & DOCUMENTATION
Visitors must have a current passport, adequate funds to support themselves, and a return airline ticket to travel to Honduras. US citizens require a passport that must be valid for 6 months from date of entry. It is the travelers’ responsibility to ensure that they have the proper documentation to travel into each country on his or her itinerary as well as for re-entry and return to their own country. Please check with the appropriate consulate to ensure that you have the proper documentation. Always check your passport and visa requirements. US citizens may go to the US Department of States website at www.travel.state.gov for more information. The website also has information for consulates by country to assist with requirements. There are special requirements for children leaving the US and many countries have adopted requirements for the protection of children. Since regulations vary by country, contact your consulate or embassy of your country for the requirement. We cannot assume responsibility for passengers not having correct documentation.
We strongly recommend each guest purchase comprehensive accident, medial, baggage and trip cancellation and interruption insurance when space is reserved. Trip insurance will protect you from financial disappointment if you are prevented from making your scheduled trip due to illness or family illness, or in the event that unforeseen circumstances prevent the airline or yacht from making its scheduled trip. In the event you cancel your trip prior, be familiar with our cancellation policies, which can be found under RATES, TERMS & CONDITIONS, ITINERARY & SCHEDULE.
FEES & TAXES (Per Pax)
Each guest must pay a USD 115 Port Fees that covers the Honduran Government cruising tax and Marine Park Fees of USD 55. This will be collected Friday morning when settling your account and may be paid in cash or credit card. Upon departure at Roatan Airport or San Pedro Sula Airport, each guest must pay a USD 37.35 which includes Government Departure tax, Agriculture Tax, and Immigration Tax. All taxes and fees levied by the Honduran Government are subject to change without notice.
Conservation laws do not permit wearing gloves, spear fishing or collecting. Bay Islands Conservation Association guidelines and Municipal Environmental Laws are followed by M/V Caribbean Pearl II.
Remember to bring your c-card or proof of certification. The divemaster requires proof of certification before the first dive.
YACHT BOUTIQUE & CREDIT CARDS
There is a mini boutique on board, which sells a selection of logo clothing including t-shirts, and miscellaneous items. One day during the week, the crew will have a ‘boutique day’. We accept cash and credit cards only.
Crew gratuities are not included in the charter. We believe gratuities should be voluntary and based upon the quality of service the crew has provided. When settling your account on Friday, the Captain will have an envelope for gratuities that will be divided equally among the crew. Payment can be made by cash or credit card.
CELEBRATING A SPECIAL OCCASION
Whether it is your anniversary, birthday, honeymoon, wedding or you are celebrating a 100th dive, please let us know in advance so that the crew can celebrate your occasion.
- Length: 120 feet
- Beam: 22 feet
- Draft: 8 feet
- Year Built: 2010
- Year Refitted: 2010
- Staterooms: 9
- Passengers: 18
- Crew: 7 – 8
- First Aid Kit
- D.A.N Oxygen System with 100% Demand
- Smoke Detectors
- Manual Fire Extinguishers and Fire Fighting Equipment
- Life Rafts and Life Jackets for all passengers and crew
- Full length Skeg and Stabilizers add to guest comfort and safety
MACHINERY AND COMMUNICATIONS
- (2) PowerTech 6125 John Deere Marine Diesel Engines, 600 hp each
- (2) PowerTech 4045 John Deere Marine Diesel Generators, 65kw each, 110-208 ac voltage
- (1) Power Tech 4024 John Deere Marine Diesel Generator, 35kw each, 110-208 ac voltage
- (2) Bauer Liquid cooled Nitrox Compressors with cascade storage
- (2) Bauer Air cooled Compressors 25cfm with cascade storage
- 4,000 Gallons of fuel storage
- 2,400 Gallons per day water maker
- 4,000 Gallons of water storage
- Support tender with outboard motor for shore excursions and scuba diving
- 48-mile radar with alarm
- Autopilot with electronic compass
- Depth sounder with alarm
- (2) Global Positioning System (GPS) with plotter and alarm
- (3) VHF radios
M/V Caribbean Pearl II offer 8 Days/7 Nights Saturday to Saturday cruises around the Bay Islands of Honduras.
After you settle into your luxury cabin and allow the crew to help set up your gear on the spacious dive deck, you will be ready to start your diving adventure. Diving starts in Roatan as the M/V Caribbean Pearl II begins its journey.
Later, explore hidden sea mounts and search for whale sharks on route to Utila. We then head back to M/V Caribbean Pearl II’s home port at Utila, where the week ends with a Captain’s Cocktail Party on board, followed by an optional dinner at Laguna Beach Resort and/or a walk around the charming town of Utila. On Friday night, the M/V Caribbean Pearl II will start the return journey back to Roatan where guests will disembark to be transferred to the airport for their international departure on Saturday morning.
(SAT Check-In @ 3pm & SAT Check-Out @ 8am)
- Saturday: Welcome Guests aboard in Roatan with Orientation & Dinner
- Sunday: 4 Dives + 1 Night Dive (South Side of Roatan, including Mary’s Place, Mr. Bud, Pirate’s Point, Calvin’s Crack, Cara Cara)
- Monday: 4 Dives + 1 Night Dive (West & Northeast End of Roatan – Eel Garden, Light House, Taviana’s Wall, Half Moon, El Aguila, Peter’s Place, Odyssey Wreck, Port Royal, Dolphin Caves, Optional AKR Dolphin Dive**)
Tuesday: 4 Dives + 1 Night Dive (On Route to Utila – Cayos Cochinos, Coco’s Sea Mounts, Little Coco, Toon Town)
- Wednesday: 4 Dives + 1 Night Dive (On Route & South Side of Utila -Black Hills, Brown Bank, Jack Neal Point, Ted’s Point)
- Thursday: 4 Dives + 1 Night Dive (West & North Side of Utila – Cannery Bank, Spotted Bay, SW Outer, Old House, Pinnacle, Great Wall, Blackish Point, John’s Point, Jack’s Bight)
- Friday: 2 Dives (Utila) / Docking at Laguna Beach Resort (LBR) for Captain’s Cocktail Party with LBR Guests invited onboard / Optional BBQ Dinner** at LBR or Walkabout Utila Town
- Saturday: Early AM Departure for Roatan / Guests disembark after breakfast for Airport
*Dive Sites are decided by Captain depending on weather.
Besides the regular 8 Days / 7 Nights cruises, M/V Caribbean Pearl II now offers two shorter itinerary options for the busy diver and/or first-time liveaboard diver.
- Itinerary A is a 5 Days / 4 Nights cruise where passengers embark in Roatan, and disembark in Utila.
- Itinerary B is a 4 Days /3 Nights cruise where passengers embark in Utila and disembark in Roatan.
For specific itinerary dates and availability, please refer to the below schedule.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Individual & Group Reservation Deposit
A deposit must be received within 10 days of booking in order to confirm your reservation along with a signed cruise application and waiver. For more information on payments, please refer to below Payment Schedule.
Group Compensation Details
- Full yacht charters, including 16 paid passengers are awarded 2 complimentary spaces at the smaller deluxe rate. This does not include fees and extra charges on board.
- Half yacht charters, including 9 paid passengers are awarded 1 complimentary space at the smaller deluxe rate. This does not include fees and extra charges on board.
- Roatan Airport/Liveaboard Transfers
- Air Fills
- Nitrox Fills for Alliance Dembers
- All Meals and Snacks including Alcoholic and Non-alcoholic Beverages
Charter Does Not Include
- Travel Insurance*
- International and Domestic Airfare
- Hotel Stays/Day Rooms
- Dive Certifications or Specialty Courses
- Equipment Rentals
- Nitrox Fills
- Port Fees**
- Park Fees**
*In the event of unexpected changes in your travel plans we highly recommend Travel Insurance.
**These are added to your onboard tab and charged at the end of the charter.
Please note that rewards and discounts do not apply to charter flights, fees, and onboard tabs.
- If sending funds by wire transfer, please be advised there is a service charge per wire transfer. Your wire transfer should include this additional amount. For half charter and full charter deposits, a single transfer is required.
- Credit card payment is available for individuals. For groups, a 3% processing fee is added when paying with a credit card.
Deposits are partially refundable at 90 days prior to trip, and are non-refundable and non-
transferable less than 90 days prior to the trip. All cancellations must be in writing.