If you are looking for a spectacular recreational or technical diving adventure in the remote Cocos Islands, where you can see huge schools of pelagics like hammerheads, white tips, barracudas, manta rays and even whale sharks on the cleaning stations, then you won’t want to miss a cruise on our renowned live-aboard vessel, the Undersea Hunter. This former research and submarine support vessel which featured in several documentaries and films, including James Bond-Licenced to Kill, has now been completely renovated and revamped to meet the discerning standards expected from modern divers.
With plenty of space at 28m long and just over 7m wide, The Undersea Hunter can accommodate a maximum of just 16 divers in 7 cabins. Located on the lower deck, the cabins are spacious and well-equipped with air-con, en-suites, and portholes. Sleeping arrangements vary from twin beds to queen singles, twin-beds and doubles with optional upper bunks, and you’ll find plenty of storage for your belongings.
Take a stroll on the main deck bow, take in the beautiful views in the ocean breezes, and maybe watch dolphins frolicking in the wake. The intimate and comfortable lounge has lots of seating areas, and a top-notch entertainment system. Photographers will love the laptop and slide projector for photo/video editing and playback, and you’ll get an excellent array of local and international cuisine served table-side in the dining room, as well as plenty of snacks and beverages served throughout on board.
The spacious dive deck is well equipped with compressors, mini EPIRB’s, full safety equipment and a comprehensive emergency first aid kit including oxygen. As well as storing all diving kits and tanks, you’ll get a personal dive gear locker, and a personal camera locker with stabilized charging station. Two tenders will transport you directly to the dive sites, and we fully support technical divers with nitrox, and also have a rebreather service, (Divers must bring their own rebreathers).
- Exclusive, fully revamped liveaboard with all mod-cons for 16 guests
- Price includes $490 Cocos Marine Park fees
- Specialist in tech, research and rec dives. Free nitrox. Rebreather-friendly
- Personal camera gear locker and charging stations on the dive deck
- Laptop and slide projector in the lounge, for video/photo editing and playback
- Large deck-mountable Pro-Lab consisting of a 10 ft. x 10 ft. self-contained specialized movie/video camera workstation, and dedicated work tools, fully air-conditioned