Bugis Backpackers is a new hostel located right in the heart of Bugis Village, a bustling hub of Straits-Chinese shophouses delightfully restored to reflect its old-world charm. Immerse in the vibrancy and festive atmosphere of the “pasar malam” (night bazaar) as you throng through the street stalls selling clothing, souvenirs, local delicacies and fruits etc. Take a step out of the hostel and Arab Street awaits you with exotic curios for antique hunters.
Money, money, money!
Going to Chinatown, Little India or Boat Quay on foot? You can without wearing out your wallet and boots. Craving for cheap eats? Then try the local hawker fare or fast foods round the corner. Better still, stock up from the nearby supermarket.
Table of Content
Facilities at Bugis Backpackers
Your own bed + linen, international room-mates, hot shower, a/c, lockers, kitchenette, laundrette with coin-operated washer and dryer, travel brochures. And of course, toilet.
From Changi International Airport
- Take the MRT to Tanah Merah Station and change to the East West line heading towards Boon Lay.
- Get off at Bugis MRT Station (EW12). Locate Exit “A” and turn right at the end of escalator. Walk towards the traffic lights – you can see Bugis Village and KFC directly across the road.
- Cross the road at the traffic lights on Rochor Road – the hostel is two shop units from KFC, next to “Sin Tat Toys” on the 3rd level.
(2-minute walk or 50 metres from Bugis MRT Station)
From Railway Station
- Take SBS Bus No. 80 and alight at “Opp. Bugis Junction” bus-
stop on Victoria Street.
(2-minute walk or 50 metres from “Opp. Bugis Junction” bus-stop)
From Queen Street Bus Terminal (Johor Bahru, Kuala Lumpur buses)
- Walk along Queen Street towards Rochor Road.
- Follow the directions on the map.
(5-minute walk or 330 metres from Queen Street Bus Terminal)
From Lavender Street Bus Terminal
- Take Bus No. 133 from “Hock Seng Building” bus-stop on Lavender Street.
- Alight at “Bugis Junction” bus-stop on Victoria Street.
(2-minute walk or 50 metres from Bugis Junction bus-stop)
From Golden Mile Complex (Malaysian and Thailand long-distance buses)
- Take Bus No. 980 in front of “Sultan Plaza” bus-stop on Jalan Sultan.
- Alight at “Opp. Bugis Junction” bus-stop on Victoria Street.
- World-famous IT & Electronics shopping mall in 6-storey building, SIM LIM SQUARE – 400 metres
- Raffles Hotel (home of the Singapore Sling cocktail) – 0.64 km or 5 min walk from hostel
- Kampong Glam, conserved historical Malay/Arab District – 300 metres
- Merlion Park, Esplanade Theaters on the Bay – 0.93 km or take bus 960, bus-stop 120 metres from hostel
- Chijmes (pubs & restaurants in a beautifully conserved convent) – less than 5 minutes walk from hostel
- Little India – 0.63 km
- Asian Civilisation Museum
- Queen Street (or Ban San) Bus Terminal (Johor Bahru, Kuala Lumpur buses) – 330 metres or less than 5 min walk from hostel
- Lavender Street Bus Terminal (Melaka, Mersing, Kuala Lumpur) – Take Bus 133 or 61, bus-stop 50 metres from hostel
- Sentosa beach resort – 5 train stops from the hostel, takes about 15 minutes
- Singapore Cruise Centre (ferries to Pulau Batam, Indonesia) – 5 train stops from Bugis MRT Station, takes about 15 minutes
- Singapore Art Museum
- Suntec City Convention & Exhibition Halls and shopping centre – 640 metres or take bus 133, bus-stop 120 metres from the hostel