Seaventures Dive Resort was once an oil-drilling rig but has since been decommissioned and now stands in the crystal clear waters off the coast of Mabul Island after being converted into a dive resort. One of the closest resorts to Sipadan and also the cheapest (without staying in mainland Semporna), it’s a must for anyone who wants to spend as much time diving in Sipadan as humanly possible.
The resorts lift make getting in and out of the water effortless, no more battling the waves with a shore dive or long treks to the dive Centre, the lift just lowers you in the water when your fully kitted up and ready to go, then waits for you below water for your return after another memorable dive trip.
As soon as you enter the bath warm waters under Seaventures dive rig you will be immediately greeted by a vast array of marine life from silver Barracuda to the tiniest crazy critters hiding amongst the artificial house reef. With Mabul and Kapalai islands only a 5 minute boat ride away and Sipadan only 20 minutes, the resort is ideally located for you to experience the wonders of Sipadan diving.
Although not the most luxurious resort for Diving in Sipadan, due to its location and much cheaper prices you defiantly shouldn’t overlook this resort when planning your vacation. We have found that people who visit Seaventures once will always return to the same resort next time.
Facilities & Services
- Accommodation with fully air-conditioned & attached bathroom with hot shower
- Karaoke Lounge with VCD/DVD Movies
- Restaurant / coffee house
- Game room – ping pong table / pool table
- Sun Deck Lounge ( also serves as open air area)
- Main Deck Lounge ( also serves as open air dining area)
- Conference Room available upon request
- Enriched Air service and course are available
- Free use of Broadband
- IDD Call
- Underwater filming for in house guest
Sample Itinerary (5D/4N)
- Transfer from Tawau Airport or at 0700 hrs at any hotel in Tawau.
- Meet up with our representative at Seafest Hotel, Semporna.
- 0930 hrs – depart Semporna Jetty and expected to arrive Seaventures before lunch time
- Check in to your room and dive briefing by the Seaventures Dive Team
- Check out dive at house reef site before your boat dives in the afternoon
- If you are qualified for night diving then you can do house reef night diving with your buddy. No extra charge for night dive except torch if you don’t have your own
Days 2 – 4
- 3 Boat dives between Sipadan, Mabul and Kapalai + unlimited house reef diving (unguided) + night diving (unguided) if you are qualified night diver (quota & weather permitted)
- Maximum of 2 boat dives on the last day for non flying guest.
- Return land and boat transfer from Tawau Airport/Town based on Seaventures standard transfer time minimum two persons(2) per transfer
- Full board meals (B/L/D), tea breaks & free flow of drinking water, coffee/tea served all day EXCEPT alcoholic and carbonated drinks
- Twin share accommodation in fully air-conditioning cabin attached bathroom with hot shower
- 3 Boat dives daily between Mabul, Kapalai & Sipadan EXCEPT arrival and departure day. Sipadan diving is subject to permit approval and quota availability
- Unlimited house reef diving with buddy
- Tank,Weight & Weightbelt
- Equipment Rental
- Sipadan dive permit @ RM40.00 per person per day
- Alcoholic drinks